Frequently Asked Questions
|How Do I Download Bible Classes?|
|Instructions for Search Classes:|
When you go the the Search Classes page then all of the available studies will be shown (give it few seconds to load if you're on slow internet). You get a page like this:
This is a list of all of the available studies. To download the classes in a study click on the name of the study and it will expand to show all of the classes and notes in the study.
Here I clicked on "Be Ye Transformed" by Bro. Anthony Whitehorn and now I can see where the study was given and when. I can also see the 5 classes and the power point presentation that goes with the classes.
The title of the classes is a link to the mp3. If you left click on the link then a couple things could happen depending on how your web browser is configured.
* It may play the class in the browser
* It may download and play the class in windows media player
* It may just download the class
In order to avoid confusion here what I would do instead of left clicking the link, I would right click the link and then click on "Save Target As..." in the context menu that pops up. This will save the MP3 on your computer so you can play it whenever you want. Make sure you're saving them somewhere where you can find them!
Instructions for Indexed Classes:
The Indexed Classes page works a little bit differently. It is not searchable like the other page. Instead, it is an index by topic of the studies. When the page loads it looks like this:
If you're looking for something on David then you would click on Character Studies and you get this:
Then you would click on David and get this:
This gives you a list of all the studies on David. If you click on one of them it will go to a page that shows all of the classes in the study. So maybe I want to look at David the Fugitive, I click on that and i get this:
Then you've got the same idea as what we saw before and you just have to click to play the classes or right click and do "save target as" to download them.
|How Do I Upload My Bible Classes?|
- Login. After logging in you should have some new options on the left side of the page.
- Click "Upload Files"
- Select the files you would like to upload, both classes and notes. Shift-click or Ctrl-click to select multiple files.
NOTE: NAVIGATING AWAY FROM THIS PAGE WHILE FILES ARE UPLOADING WILL CANCEL THE UPLOAD.
- The files will be added to the queue and look like this:
- Click "My Studies." You'll get a page like this:
Notice that any uploaded file can be deleted by clicking the delete button.
- To create a new study click the "Create New Study" button.
- A new study will pop up as follows:
- Fill in the title and speaker of the study. These are required. Please do not add "Bro." to the speaker it will be added automatically. You can fill in the Location and Year the study was given if you know it or leave them blank. The Description is a short description of the study or anything else you'd like to add that will be shown but it is not required.
- There are 4 new buttons:
- Add Classes - Allows you to add classes to the study.
- Add Notes - Allows you to add notes to the study.
- Cancel Study - This will remove the study from the page if it has not been saved.
- Save Study - This will Save the study.
- Adding Classes - Click "Add Classes." This will pop up a list of uploaded files. Left click on the classes that you would like to add so that they are highlighted like so:
Click OK. The classes are added to the study. Fill in the titles of the classes. This is required but if you don't have titles you can always use "Class 1, Class 2.." You'll notice that the class is highlighted when you click on it and up and down arrows show up next to it. You can use these arrows to change the order of the classes.
- Adding Notes - Click "Add Notes." Do the same thing you did for classes but now for notes.
- CLICK SAVE WHEN YOU ARE DONE OR NONE OF THIS WILL BE SAVED.
- At this point you should have something like this:
Review the study and make sure it is ready to be posted. You can add more classes or notes or change titles by clicking edit. When you are ready click Post. This will either add the study to my queue to post or immediately post the study if I have already approved a study you posted previously. You can still edit studies that you have posted.
|How Do I Contact You?|
Some of you can attest that I am horrible at checking my email but I will try and do better.
|How Can I Add My Ecclesia's Weekly Exhorts?|
|Please don't add your weekly exhorts using the Upload Classes link. If you would like to upload your ecclesia's weekly exhorts then please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will show you how this can be done so that your ecclesia's exhorts are listed separately and in order.|
|Why Is Your Server Limiting How Many Files I Can Download At Once?|
|You may have noticed that if you are downloading say... 2 classes at once and you try to download a 3rd then nothing happens until one of the other classes is finished downloading. This can get a little annoying if you have a slower internet connection and are trying to set up a number of downloads before you go to work or bed or something...|
The website server limits downloads by allowing 20 concurrent connections. This means that you can be downloading 20 classes at the same time! If you find that you are limited to some number less than 20 it is because of a setting in your browser.
It is generally considered improper to download more than 10 files from a server at the same time so browsers (IE, Firefox) limit the number of concurrent connections. The good news: it's pretty easy to change this setting.
- Open a new tab and type about:config in the address bar.
- Look for the preference named network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server.
- Change the value to something between 1 and 255. I use 10 and I haven't run into any situations where I needed more. I believe the default for FF 2.x is 4 and for FF 3.x is 6.
NOTE: This requires making a small registry change. If you're not comfortable with REGEDIT then you may not want to do this.
- Open REGEDIT. This can be done by clicking on Start > Run... and then typing regedit in the window.
- In REGEDIT navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
- You should have the following values:
If the two values 'MaxConnectionsPerServer' and 'MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server' are not there then you will need to create them like this:
- Right click on the registry key and select New DWORD value. Name this new DWORD MaxConnectionsPerServer.
- Right click on the registry key and select New DWORD value. Name this new DWORD MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server.
- Double click on 'MaxConnectionsPerServer' and change the base to Decimal and enter the new value (the number of files you would like to be able to download at once).
- Do the same for 'MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server'
I have no idea how to do this in Safari, sorry!